Saturday, June 25, 2011

W/hole hearts...names beginning with e

fitting on the claws once the heart shape was sawn out of the 'lace'
This is the enamelled side the copper was burnt after the first layer of enamel, which has left these intense dark patches.
all done
images from 21/06/11...names beginning with e...emma, evan, elisa, eileen...I made imprint from plastic 'lace' doilies in clay and then made wax impressions which I cast, quite a while ago. I have not done anything with these bits for a bout a year...it was a friend emma's birthday when I made this and she always reminds me of material, lace etc...being a clothing designer. So emma is an e- name and this seemed apt. I had a difficult time deciding how the claws would interact , but I think my solution worked I filled the bit that are to be soldered on into the 'dotted' elements that are present in the lace design and fitted them. Once set they blend in quite well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment