Friday, November 18, 2011

W/Hole hearts...beginning with p...



How Mary began

13/09/2011...names beginning with p...patricia(mom)...since this was my mother’s letter brooch I had the idea to make a mary- the most recognised mother symbol that I could think of. Doing this took some work, I had an existing little person that I adapted by turning her arm to her chest and them fusing bits of silver slowly on. I built these fused layers up until the figure had a skirt and veil then files and burred more detail in to form the miniature mary. For the back of the brooch, I used gold leaf and drilled into the back plate as a sort of halo effect. This brooch was a real challenge to make, especially the mary, it was also the first time I had used gold leaf. This is one of the most effective brooches as all its elements come together to form the mother imagery that I was trying to achieve.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment