Monday, August 15, 2011

Can't you see I'm broken... emotional disassemblage


I finally cut, cast and completed the tags for the kewpie series, and here they are packed with their relevant kewpie bits. It is now the complete dissection of the kewpie tagged and bagged, waiting to become brooches. I have considered the following titles for this work and they are: emotional anatomy, emotional glossary, a glossary of parts, emotional disassemblage...

These brooches are a result of the ‘can’t you see I’m broken’ work, which has been disassembled and disseminated into parts. It started as a video concept with Kewpie doll pieces that disassembled and then reassembled. This was a figurative and visual representation of feeling emotionally broken and then putting back the pieces. The dissection came in as a symbol for the analysis of emotions that occur when putting the pieces back together after an emotional upheaval. It can be systematic and clinical at times. This relates to my feelings of knowing that I will get through the experience but still having to go through the emotional and mental stages in order to heal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment