Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm Cross Brooch


I'm cross
brooch (front)
silver, copper and enamel
201050x50mm
I'm cross
brooch (back)
silver, copper and enamel
2010
50x50mm

This brooch was made as a reaction to being cross; I needed to make something so to remain stagnant. I had fun making it, so my emotional state changed. I realized through making that I don't necessarily need a thought-out concept in order to made jewels. An emotional state can spark creativity and the need to make. The emotional state that I have experienced will not be accessible to the viewer of this brooch, but the process of making is documented on this blog. My next challenge is to try making that emotional experience 'viewable' or assessable to the viewer (this need not be my exact experience but one that is related)

No comments:

Post a Comment