Thursday, June 23, 2011

W/hole heart...names beginning with d

enamelled front...names beginning with d
back of  brooch
photo's taken 21/06/11... so names beginning with d... ended up being no where near where it started out and unfortunately because I was so concerned with how things were not going (cause for a while I thought I'd have to start all over again), I did not photographically record things happening. I started by making a pair of scissors and wanted this to be a 'cut on the dotted line' piece. But, as I started putting in the dotted line things went wrong. This is what happens sometime when you work all day and then make jewellery at night. I was engraving the dotted lines and they were terrible. I then ended up with a solid engraved line around the whole border. Things were touch and go...so it was time to go home. After a rest, I thought I could salvage the original idea, but did not know how. I thought about engraving lines where the stitches are...sometime the idea has to be put aside if there is any hope of salvaging the work. The result...which I am really happy with.. was to saw along the engraved line leaving small tabs hidden under the stitches. Then I drilled holes and used the red embroidery thread to stitch the border and middle 'together'. The texture is hammered and the surface is blackened. I think it has ended up with a sense of tension and distress... and the cut on the dotted line will happen later
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment